The Artes Graduate School for the Humanities Cologne is offering up to 10 PhD positions in the artes EUmanities program. This fellowship is available for countries to belong to the group of Associated Countries within the framework of these EUmanities.
The Artes Graduate School for the Humanities Cologne stands for scientific education at the highest level. With her broad, interdisciplinary approach she contributes to the understanding of knowledge processes in their entirety. It is funded by the Excellence Initiative of the Federation and the Länder as well as by the DAAD.
- Applications Deadline: The diploma can be submitted by November 30, 2018. All other documents must be available by the application deadline of October 31, 2018.
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for young scientists to pursue doctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the arts humanities program.
- Scholarship Award: Each ESR is hired for 36 months at the University of Cologne. The monthly net salary is around 1,900 EUR. A monthly amount of EUR 3,073 plus a monthly mobility allowance of EUR 600 (and possibly a family allowance) will be made available to each ESR. The total amount covers the budgetary burden on the recruitment of the ESR and, after deducting the employer’s social security contributions, corresponds to the gross salary. The employment contract includes health, unemployment and pension insurance. In addition, the travel expenses are taken on arrival and departure to the place of the mobile phase. Please note that the rates Graduate School may not be able to cover tuition fees incurred at the target institution of the mobile phase as a rule.
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for countries to belong to the group of Associated Countries within the framework of these EUmanities.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to ten fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for countries to belong to the group of Associated Countries within the framework of these EUmanities. The association of States is governed by Article 7 of the Horizon 2020 Framework Regulation. Associated countries include Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Faroe Islands, Georgia, Iceland, Israel, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Switzerland, Serbia, Tunisia, Turkey, and Ukraine.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The university entrance qualification certifies that you are eligible for higher education. Mostly it is the document that certifies that you have graduated from school (e.g. Abitur, A-levels, Baccalauréat).
To apply for the Integrated Track, the following conditions must be met:
1. Have a Master’s degree or comparable university degree in a research field located at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities. (See below “In which subjects can I do my doctorate at the Philosophical Faculty of the University of Cologne?”)
2. A minimum grade of 2.0 (according to the German grading system) of the Master’s degree or comparable university degree.
English Language Requirements: In the MSCA Application Form (under “I. Language Skills”), we ask you to provide an explanation of your language skills required for the implementation of the research project in general and its feasibility at the particular destination of the mobile phase and the proposed partner institution.
How to Apply: The application for a doctoral position in the artes EUmanities program is made online via the web portal artes access. If you have not yet created an account there, please register for the first time. After you have logged in, please select the application procedure “PhD positions in the EU’s EUmanities program (from April 2019)” and follow the instructions. Please ensure that you have sufficient readability when scanning your documents. Unreadable documents cannot be recognized by us. Photographs of documents do not normally meet this requirement due to perspective distortion, so be sure to use a scanner.
The application for a doctoral position in the artes EUmanities program is made online via the web portal arts access. If you have not yet created an account there, please register for the first time. After you have logged in, please select the application procedure “PhD positions in the EU’s EUmanities program (from April 2019)” and follow the instructions.
In addition to general information about yourself and your research project, the following documents must be uploaded via the portal:
- Letter of motivation (1 page, in English)
- Curriculum Vitae (in tabular form, in English)
- The scan of University Certificates and Transcript of Records
- Please enclose, if necessary, a scan of an official translation of the documents in German, English or French.
- Please be sure to submit your transcript of records in full. For the transcript of records from foreign universities, please include the official guidelines for the grading system of the university for the conversion into the German grading system.
- If the diploma is not yet available, even if all required examinations have already been taken, you can submit an overview of the examinations [Transcript of Records + if the applicable certificate from your examination office and/or your supervisor/supervisor]. In any case, all endnote relevant examinations must be available. The diploma can be handed in until 30.11.2018.
- The scan of the certificate of higher education entrance qualification (eg Abitur, A-levels, Baccalauréat etc.)
- Exposé to the doctoral project (7,000-12,000 characters (including spaces) plus footnotes, appendix and bibliography, in English)
(Please note: The Exposé should clearly state that the desired field of research can be chosen at the Faculty of Arts of the University of Cologne Doctoral subject)
- Filled MSCA application form
(Please note: Save the form off first as a PDF file on your computer as a filling in the browser regularly leads to problems, please use the latest version of the official. Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill Fill out the. Completing the application form, save your entries and upload the document to rates access, no signature is required.)
- Expert report on the doctoral project of a university teacher
(Please note: The report can also be submitted separately to artes-EUmanities (at) uni-koeln.de .)
- Proof of periods of work and training referred to in the CV, disabilities and/or other impairments