A*Star Graduate Scholarship 2020 in Singapore – If you are a Singapore citizen and also considering applying for a scholarship then it is best to gather information about the A*Star Graduate Scholarship opportunity that is available in your home country.
A*Star Graduate Scholarship 2020 in Singapore
Singapore citizens will be eligible to apply for a 2-year post-doctoral fellowship to further your research training at a top overseas university or research laboratory. The scholarship finances up to four years of your PhD studies in Singapore.
The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research (A*STAR) drives mission-oriented research that advances scientific discovery and technological innovation. Its research creates economic growth and jobs for Singapore.
Application Deadline: August intake: By 31 January, January intake: By 31 July
University or Organization: The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research
Course Level: PhD program
Award: Full tuition fees
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: Domestic students
The award can be taken in Singapore
Eligibility for A*Star Graduate Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Domestic students are particularly welcome.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any PhD degree program subjects offered by the Institute.
Admissible Criteria: Eligible candidates are:
- Applicants must be Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Satisfy criteria for and seek admission to PhD program in an autonomous university
- Candidates must have obtained at least a 2nd Upper-Class Honors Degree or equivalent in relevant disciplines
- Participants must have a strong interest in a research career
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To take advantage of this program, interested students need to concurrently apply to the University for Admission. After then enrolled holders must be applying for a Full-Term Award here.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants may submit GRE scores (if available) to be included in the overall assessment of their application.
- Language Requirements: The applicant must have a good knowledge of English, both written and verbal.
Benefits: Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to 4 years:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
- Support for up to 12 months of overseas attachment
- Other allowances including
- Book allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Thesis allowance