The international, postgraduate Master’s Course Urban Management was installed at Technische Universität Berlin in the fall of 2005. The internationally recognized Master of Science Degree in Urban Management is awarded on the successful completion of the Urban Management program. The degree also provides eligibility to register for PhD programs in Germany and the rest of Europe.
The course offers training in management approaches that cross the boundaries of isolated professional knowledge. German language courses are offered throughout the first year. The language of instruction is English.
The start of the new intake of the Master’s course is October every year. The duration of the course is 3 semesters. Two semesters are reserved for classes at the Technical University Berlin. The third semester is dedicated to further specialization and the preparation of a Master’s thesis. Topics that addressing issues deriving from problems in the students’ home countries are encouraged. The program also involves internships in relevant institutions in Germany and abroad.
The Master’s course in Urban Management is open to graduates from various disciplines and all countries. The number of participants is limited to a maximum of 30 students per year.
Worth of Award
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Bachelor degree or German Diploma (University or FH) or equivalent in
- Landscape Architecture
- Urban Planning
- Civil Engineering
- Political and Social Science
- Business and Administration
- International Development
The Urban administration Program application must include:
- Urban Management Application form (hand-signed)
- Curriculum vitae (hand-signed)
- Motivation letter (hand-signed)
- Copies of your Degree Certificate and Academic Records, including an explanation of the grading system (Certificates and Academic Records in English or German do not need to be translated; those in other languages must be translated into English or German)
- TOEFL-results or IELTS level
- Two letters of reference (hand-signed). The reference letters should be written on paper with an official letterhead or bear an official stamp.
- Proof of at least two years of work experience – on your employer(s) letterhead paper and certified by your employer(s)’
- Copy of your passport
- Only applicants from native English-speaking countries or who have studied in a native English-speaking country are exempt from providing an English proficiency test result.
- Applicants from countries where English is not the native language, but the official language or the language of instruction, still need to provide an English proficiency test.
How to Apply
Please only send the requested documentation for the DAAD Epos Scholarships.
- Only complete applications with all the supporting documents mentioned above can be accepted. Documents that require a signature by hand (hand-signed) will not be accepted without a signature.
- The interactive application form for the Urban Management course including attachments can either be sent by email OR by post.
- You can also attach a DAAD Scholarship application to this form. One set of copies for both UM and DAAD, sent to Urban Management Program, is sufficient.
- Do not send a set to DAAD. Please do not put your application in plastic sheet protectors!
- You do NOT need an admission letter from TU Berlin to apply for the DAAD development-related postgraduate courses program.
- Simple copies of your awarded academic degree, academic transcript and school leaving certificate will suffice. In the event that you are selected, you will then be requested to forward certified copies of those documents.
When applying by post, one set of copies of your documents, sent to the Urban Management Program, is sufficient. DO NOT send another set to DAAD. All forms and supporting documentation should be sent together with the Urban Management application form and documentation directly and only to:
Urban Management Program
Sekr. HBS 5
Deadline: DAAD Epos Scholarships Application deadline for TU Berlin is August 31 of the year BEFORE you intend to start the UM course!