Orascom Construction invites applications for the Orascom Construction Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program in the USA from Egyptian nationals in the USA in the year 2019.
OC seeks to promote excellence and achievement. OC launched the Onsi Sawiris Program in the year 2000 to invest company resources in educational programs to improve the communities in which it works. Through the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program, OC provides full tuition scholarships for Egyptian students seeking to pursue their Master’s degree at prestigious universities in the United States in the fields of Business Administration and Engineering, with the aim of bolstering Egypt‘s economic competitiveness.
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarships will be awarded based on character and merit as demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and entrepreneurial initiative.
Worth of Award
- The scholarships include full tuition, a living allowance, travel and health insurance.
- Scholarship recipients will also be given the option of an internship position within the company.
- GPA 3.5 / Very Good or above (Overall grade)
- Business Administration: GMAT: 650 or above
- Engineering: Old GRE scores are no longer acceptable.Minimum acceptable new GRE scores:Overall: 302. Analytical Writing: 4.5
- Extracurricular Activities
- A minimum of three years working experience
- Fields of study: Engineering and Business Administration.
- Be planning to start their studies in the U.S.A. in the year 2020.
- Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality applicants).
- Have not lived more than 3 years abroad.
- Be committed to coming back to Egypt for two years directly after the successful completion of the degree.
How to Apply
- Application form
- Copy of test scores (TOEFL – iBT / GRE or GMAT)
- Copy of transcripts
- Copy of graduation certificate
- Two recommendation letters
- Candidates who already have one Master’s degree from a foreign university, or who have an Egyptian Master’s degree in the same field they are applying for will not be considered. Candidates with an Egyptian Master’s degree in a technical field different from the one that they’re applying for will be considered.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not lived, worked, or studied abroad for a significant period of time.
- The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is only granted to the list of endorsed universities provided in the “Approved Universities” section of the application.
- Selection as a nominee for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program does not guarantee university acceptance. Applicants will be supported in applying f
Deadline: applications close July 31, 2019.