The Eric Bleumink Fund awards scholarships to talented students from developing countries for the 2018/2019 academic year.
Such scholarships enable them to further develop as individuals and make important contributions to the development of their own countries.
Since 2000, the year the fund was started, the EBF handed out more than sixty scholarships. This means more than sixty young, ambitious and very talented people were able to follow an additional study at the University of Groningen. Here they were introduced to an academic culture, libraries and international contacts they are often lacking in their homeland.
Worth of Award
- A donation to the Eric Bleumink Fund may result in tax benefits. The tax office will consider your donation to the Eric Bleumink Fund as a gift to an ‘algemeen nut beogende instelling’ (public benefit institution). This means that your donation is tax deductible for you, and also that the Fund will not be liable for gift and inheritance tax.
- Your gift will be deductible to a minimum amount of 1% (or EUR 60) of your aggregate income and a maximum amount of 10% of your aggregate income (2006 percentages). Periodic donations by means of an annuity scheme, provided that this is paid in five equal amounts per year, are fully deductible from the aggregate income.
- Students from developing countries.
- Only applicants that have received a (conditional) admission offer for a master programme before February can thus be considered.
How to Apply
- You cannot directly apply for an Eric Bleumink Fund (EBF) Talent Grant. The Admissions office and the Faculty Admission Boards nominate suitable candidates. The nomination is based on: 1) your application to one of the Master degree programs and 2) on the EBF nomination criteria. If you are nominated for an Eric Bleumink Fund (EBF) Talent Grant, you will be informed before February 1st, 2018. If they do not contact you, you are unfortunately not selected. Please do not contact them with applications.
- In order to allow for enough time to process the application to a master programme by the Admission Office, such a master application should be completed by the applicant before 1st of December 2018.
Deadline: applications close 1st of December 2018.