The University of Sydney invites applications for a Postgraduate Research Degree or Masters by Research program for its International Scholarship in Australia 2019.
The objective of the USydIS is to attract top quality international postgraduate students to undertake research projects which will enhance the University’s research activities. The USydIS is open to all research disciplines, however participation in the USydIS program each semester is at the discretion of the Dean of each faculty.
University of Sydney International Postgraduate Scholarship (USydIS) in Australia 2019
These scholarships will be awarded to eligible applicants twice a year – in October/November in conjunction with the International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) for commencement in Semester 1 (March), and in early April for commencement in Semester 2 (July).
Worth of Award
The USydIS will cover tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years with a possibility of one semester’s extension for PhD students.
- Be an international student commencing full-time enrolment in a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at this University. Students may also be considered up until they have consumed a maximum of six months of course candidature.
- Be a student undertaking study in a subject area identified by the University as within the areas of its current and emerging research strengths.
- Not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree, or, if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, not hold a research qualification regarded to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree.
- Not have held an Australia Award scholarship within two years prior to commencing the RTP Fee Scholarship.
How to Apply
- In the application form for admission, when prompted, ensure you tick the relevant section on the admission form “Do you wish to be considered for a Research Training Program Fee Scholarship or University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS)?”
- Upload all other required supporting and Faculty-specific documentation for application for admission.
- Submit your completed application form.
- Please note: you MUST submit all required supporting and faculty specific documentation before your application is considered to be complete.
- For scholarship selection purposes, applicants must also submit Research Experience Evidence information.
- Please refer to the two documents under information for the RTP Fee Scholarship (International).
Deadline: Deadline for this scholarship is not specified